Today I am thankful for:
- For a step-daughter who shares and plays well with her siblings. We are blessed to have her staying with us for several days.
- For my preschool Vacation Bible School class picking me a bouquet of "flowers." They were really weeds, but it was adorable. One child brought me a "flower" and then they all started picking them for me.
- For online friends who are the sweetest and kindest. They always encourage me when I'm feeling down.
- For the promise of a "job" for me for the school year - babysitting two (sometimes three) rough and tumble boys that I babysat this past spring. I say "job" because my son and I both consider it great fun! My son always has a fun time playing with them and their mother is someone I can talk to and share things with.
- Knowing that God works everything out in his time and that he loves me even in my imperfection. I am struggling with several situations in my life and I can't say that I've handled them in the absolute best way. But it's good to know that "I'm pressed but not crushed, persecuted - not abandoned, struck down but not destroyed. I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure - and his joy's gonna be my strength. Though the sorrow may last for the night, his joy comes with the morning!"