There are only ten days until The 2:1 Conference!! Time has flown by! I should probably start figuring out what I'm going to pack and all that jazz. ;-) I'm linking up with Stephanie from Bowmania today & Angie's Top Ten Tuesday and am sharing...*drum roll please*
1. I'm Shay! My first name is Shalynne (pronounced Shay-Lynn) and people are always saying it wrong or mispronouncing it and getting flustered, so I sometimes will just introduce myself as Shay. It's easier! :)
2. I've been married for seven years to a really great guy. He was going to come with me to the conference but unfortunately and fortunately, he got a job! It was truly a blessing but we were both a little bit bummed that he wouldn't get to come with me.
3. I'm a stay at home/homeschooling momma to my two kiddos. My son Zeke is six years old and my daughter Ellie is three. I'm also step-momma to a 10 year old girl.
4. By day a momma, by night a writer! I've been blogging for...well, quite a few years actually, in a variety of different places. I first started in 2004 but I've moved around a couple times. I made my permanent home here at Wonderfully Chaotic in 2009.
5. We've been homeschooling for about two and a half years. I started exploring the idea in 2009 and soaking up all the information I could. We started officially in August 2010 with Zeke doing Kindergarten.
6. I'm usually a little quiet when first meeting people...but I think with all the things we'll have in common that it'll probably actually be hard to stop talking at this conference! :)
7. I really long to be a better homeschool momma and blogger so I'm hoping to learn and absorb a lot at this conference. The sessions all sound so good that it's going to be hard to pick what to go to!
8. I'm really excited for a little trip all by myself but am also wondering if I'm going to feel a little bit lost. I'm VERY rarely ever alone - there's always somebody hanging on me or needing something - so it'll definitely be a change. And of course, I'm going to be traveling with some mommas from Indiana so I won't *technically* be alone! :)
9. I am being sponsored by WriteShop so be sure to ask me about them! I've had great experiences with their products and am very thankful that they have helped me go to the conference.
10. I can't wait to see what all's going to happen at this conference! I know it's going to be a good time! :)