Eeek, I forgot a week! Catching up now. We flew through week 33 and now, as of Thursday, are in Week 34. I had a midwife visit on Friday and it went well. Our little babe grew 3 cm since my last visit - he's now about the size of a large cantaloupe for anyone who's wondering, or probably around 5 and 1/2 pounds. His heartbeat was 136 and I had gained a few pounds. Total this pregnancy I've gained around 15 pounds or so and I couldn't be happier. (I really hope that I don't sound like I'm bragging or anything like that...but my last two pregnancies I gained like 30-40 pounds each time and with the last one specifically, I had lots of health problems so I'm just very glad that hasn't happened this time.) He's still head down - yay! I did have liver enzymes again (ughhhh) but I'm taking some more supplements and trying to steer clear of the processed junk I've consumed a lot of over the holidays.
My midwife gave me my six week checklist because *ALERT ALERT* there are only six weeks (or so) left until he graces us with his presence! Can we say craaaazy? I've started making up a list of things I need to do in the next month and am feeling just a wee bit overwhelmed. I need to:
- Purchase my birth kit, get together all the other supplies needed & put them all in one particular spot.
- Go through my big storage tote of baby boy clothes.
- Put together the bassinet.
- Get Moby from my friend Candi after the holidays. She has a Moby wrap for me that I've meaning to get from her but we've been so dang busy that I haven't had a chance.
- Finish sewing up the mama cloth that I started a gazillion years ago.
- Do some more reading on breastfeeding, perhaps attend a class. I have several books I've been flipping through and am feeling so very nervous about it. :-/
- Research cloth diapering. (I would like to and already know quite a bit about it...but am wondering if it would be too much for me to take on right now.)
- Ask midwife about placenta encapsulation. (Since she's connected to a lot of local birthy people I'm thinking she would probably know who does this around here. I haven't had much luck researching it on my own.)
- Organize. My bedroom is pretty much done but there are several other sections of the house that need my attention after the holidays - I want to be as clutter free as possible. I also need to take some time one day and go through my inbox - it's raged out of control for the last month and looks terrible.
- Plan, plan, PLAN. I want to go ahead & get our homeschool stuff all planned out for the rest of the semester/year. I know it will be a challenge with a new baby. I've already got a basic plan written out but it's really just the bare bones - it needs to be more fleshed out & easy for me to use. I also am going to have quite a few different reviews & things coming up in the next few months for the blog so I need to get all that info down in my planner as well. I'm going to make up a few freezer meals but not a lot. I also need to set in stone our babysitter plans for the kiddos during the birth (should we need them) and who all is going to be there.
- Also I should probably try to relax and get some more sleep. :)
I know it's all going to work out. I just have to work on taking things a little bit at a time. I have another midwife visit the second week of January (they're every two weeks now!) and then the next visit will be her visit to my home! Time is moving much too fast for my liking. Baby, please arrive later rather than sooner...momma still has lots to do. :)