Friday, January 25, 2013
Happies & Crappies
My friend Stephanie & her friend Sarah have started a new Friday link-up called Happies & Crappies to share the bad & good things that happened during your week. Here are my lows & highs, starting with the worst so we can get them out of the way:
- I got sick at the end of last week with some sort of sinus infection and spent the weekend & most of the beginning of this week in PJ's on the couch or in bed.
- Being sick also means I got behind on housework and the kids schoolwork. It's hard to clean and teach when you're having a coughing fits and sneezing every two minutes!
- The kids watched waaaaaay too much TV while I napped, sitting up on the couch. Makes me feel like a bad Momma but I had to get some rest somehow and couldn't hardly sleep at night with all the coughing.
- The end of pregnancy can be a frustrating time. It's hard to get comfortable with a big belly - even sitting was proving difficult this afternoon. It's also harder to do simple things like tying my shoes or picking up stuff off the living room floor. Sigh...
- I was sick but I'm on the mend now and was actually able to get out of the house Thursday to go to the store & to take the kids to co-op gym class.
- We did get a bit behind on schoolwork but one of the great things about homeschooling is that we can easily get back on track & make up what we missed. The housework is coming along as well! (It helps that I've got that "nesting" thing going on.)
- I've instituted a "no screen time" weekend (meaning the TV, the Wii, movies, etc.) for the kids. I know, I'm a Mean Mommy...but they've been acting up SO much this week and I think all the screen time has a lot to do with it. Plus, they have so many toys & games that they won't be wanting for entertainment. (This is a "happie" for me but it might also be considered a "crappie" to the kids, haha.)
- Although the end of pregnancy can be a challenge, I'm still very thankful to be pregnant. I'm glad to have made it this far & truly do want baby to stay in there as long as he needs so he can develop fully. It's going to be over with so soon!
FILED UNDER: Blog Hops