This week I'm joining up with the Schoolhouse Review Crew to share my 5 Days of Homeschool Essentials. Today I'm going to be discussing supplies.
Some of the greatest supplies I've found for our homeschool are also the simplest. Here is a list of some of our favorite and most-used supplies:
- Dry erase boards - Dry erase boards are great for everything - practicing handwriting, listing our spelling words, writing out math problems, drawing...you name it! Other things to go along with the boards are of course markers, erasers, and cleaning solution. (I find that the specially made dry erase cleaning solution works really well and helps to keep them looking brand new.)
- A planner or assignment/grade book that works for YOU - This will of course vary according to what kind of person you are but a good planner/notebook is essential for keeping track of lessons, grades, schedules, or whatever you need to keep track of. There are so many different types out there - Well-Planned Day, Donna Young, Homeschool Creations Homeschool Planner, The Ultimate Homeschool Planner, plus the gazillions of DIY/printable planners you can find on Pinterest!
- A box for each kiddo's stuff - You can check out my post on how we made workboxes work for us for more on this (Adventures in Workboxes) but the kids really like having separate spaces for each of their school materials.
- Back to school supplies - I love taking advantage of back to school sales on crayons, folders, and markers...but AFTER the public school kids are back in school, right before they're ready to take them all off the shelves! Then they're marked way down.
- Dollar store deals - You can find some great stuff at your local dollar store. We've found really nice workbooks for preschool and early elementary, flashcards, games, and more.
Jody @ Because I’m Me
Melanie @ A Year of Jubilee Reviews
Emilee @ Pea of Sweetness
Nikki @ Angels of Heart
Sara @ Embracing Destiny
Heather @ Only Passionate Curiosity
Jennifer @ Simblissity Cottage
Kathy @ Kathys Cluttered Mind
Annette @ A Net in Time
Day 1 - Studies
Day 2 - Supplies
Day 3 - Spaces
Day 4 - Socializing
Day 5 - Schedules