Safety 1st #AirProtectTour Columbus Kick-Off
Did you know that 73% of car seats are not used or installed correctly? If you've ever installed a car seat I'm sure you can understand that! But did you also know that when they are used correctly, they can reduce the risk of injury or death by 71%?
Did you also know that motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for children? Of course no one wants to get into an accident and they're never planned...so wouldn't it be great to know that your child is riding correctly and safely?
Safety 1st (a Dorel Juvenile brand) invites Indiana families to a community fun day in Columbus, Indiana with car seat safety checks! They are kicking off their "On the Road with Air Protect Tour" with an interactive and informative community event to keep Indiana's children safe. This Friday June 17th, 2016 from 1 - 5 PM, they'll be at the Dorel Juvenile Technical Center for Child Safety (Car Seat Check Station) located at 2525 State Street in Columbus, IN. There will be lots of activities and photo opportunities including:
· Free inspections of any brand of child restraint by Safety 1st car seat technicians
· Photos with an 8 foot tall “oversized” car seat (I saw a picture of it and it is AWESOME!)
· A firetruck for kids to climb aboard
· Demos of the latest Safety 1st car seats and information on why seats with Air Protect™ Technology are safer*
· Distribution of safety kits from Allstate
· Treats from ice cream truck
· Chances to win giveaways
· Check presentation to Foundation for Youth
You are also encouraged to bring unwanted, expired, or unsafe car seats to be properly recycled by Dorel’s manufacturing plant. The tour will be making stops across the country from June until August. Please check it out! You can also RSVP to the event on Facebook HERE.
*Based on testing Safety 1st seats with and without air protect
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration